- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Modern Retail collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Website usage data (Pages visited, links clicked etc.)
- Financial data (Payment card details)
- Marketing data (Marketing preferences)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Modern Retail with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer form or interact with us over the phone, at trade shows or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- [Add any other ways yModern Retail collects data]
Modern Retail may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- GDPR-compliant 3rd party B2B data providers, such as Experian.
How will we use your data?
Modern Retail collects your data so that we can:
- Process any orders you make and manage your account.
- Email you with news and advice on the retail industry that we believe may be of interest to you and relevant to your business.
- Email you special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
When Modern Retail processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Modern Retail will keep your Personal Identification and Marketing data indefinitely, to ensure we do not send you communications if you unsubscribe from our communications. Modern Retail will not store Financial Data and only use it to process payments through 3rd party platforms including Stripe.
Modern Retail would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Modern Retail from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Modern Retail would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Modern Retail for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Modern Retail correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Modern Retail to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Modern Retail erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Modern Retail restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Modern Retail’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Modern Retail transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +442071839560
Or write to us: Modern Retail, 1st Floor, Building 2, Croxley Park, Watford, WD18 8YA.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that helps enable some website features and functionality. Cookies also enable you to easily share content from the Modern Retail website.
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen you overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
If you do not want to receive cookies, it is possible to change your browser settings on your computer or other device you’re using to access our website. If you use Modern Retail without changing your browser settings, we’ll assume that you’re happy to receive all cookies on the website. Please note that our site may not work properly without cookies.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org, or www.aboutcookies.org.
Other helpful resources
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +442071839560
Or write to us at: Modern Retail, 1st Floor, Building 2, Croxley Park, Watford, WD18 8YA.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Modern Retail has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.