This article will guide you through the process of creating and optimising a winning strategy for Amazon Prime Day 2022.
These top tips will help you to boost traffic, grow sales and enhance customer loyalty.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2022?
Amazon Prime Day runs from Tuesday 12th July until Wednesday 13th July 2022.
Why should retailers get involved in Amazon Prime Day 2022?
With the rapid growth of ecommerce, more people than ever before are now comfortable shopping online. Combined with the fact that there are more than 200 million Prime members, this popular day sees a spike in sales, creating an opportunity for retailers.
An opportunity to build brand loyalty
The growth in traffic on Amazon makes Amazon Prime Day 2022 the perfect time to impress new customers that haven’t previously purchased from you.
By ensuring your products, customer service and shipping experience are first-class, you’re able to encourage repeat business, with loyal customers being five times more likely to purchase again.
Every happy customer also increases the likelihood of more customers, with 72% of customers sharing a positive experience with 6 or more people. Whether this is shared during Amazon Prime Day, or later, it is still incredibly beneficial for business.
How to create a winning strategy for Amazon Prime Day 2022
- Plan ahead
Understanding demand, optimising product listings and having a backup plan for each product is essential. This means that on Amazon Prime Day 2022, you will be able to pivot as required while making sure ROI remains on track.
- Execute the plan and reassess as required
Planning ahead makes this stage simple. As soon as Amazon Prime Day 2022 begins, you should have your products available to purchase. Continue to reassess sales figures and data and make any changes necessary.
- Deliver excellent customer service
Once the sales have been made, it’s time to build customer loyalty by fulfilling orders and making sure every customer is left delighted.
8 top tips for sellers to boost Amazon Prime Day 2022 sales
These 8 top tips will help sellers to grow Amazon Prime Day 2022 sales, creating a strategy that boosts business.
1. Inventory management
Prepare your inventory ahead of Amazon Prime Day 2022 to make the most of the event.
- Make sure you have plenty of stock to meet demand and avoid stockouts
- Consider stocking a wide range of inventory for maximum impact
2. Optimise product listings
By optimising your Amazon listings, you can reach the most potential customers possible and overtake competitors.
- Use keywords and similar search terms to your main competitors
- Use high-quality imagery to sell products
- Create clear and well-written product descriptions
- Optimise product descriptions for mobile devices
- Utilise backend search terms
3. Bundle products
Creating product bundles is a great way to upsell and keep inventory moving.
- Create offers on items that complement each other
- Group products that make sense together
- See which items are commonly grouped and look to sell similar bundles
4. Offer great deals
To compete with the best, you need to make sure your products are competitively priced
- Search competitors’ costs and price accordingly
- Only offer discounts on specific items, ensuring you have a suitable profit margin
Getting creative with all available channels is a great way to grow Amazon sales.
- Promote Amazon Prime Day 2022 sales on social media channels
- Create artwork for your website to share the deals you have on Amazon
- Consider Amazon Live campaigns for Amazon Prime Day to grow traffic
- Tell instore customers about your online deals
6. PPC campaigns
For those who have time to prepare ahead of Amazon Prime Day 2022, running PPC campaigns is effective in many ways.
- Use PPC campaigns to identify keywords that you can use
- Track the success of PPC campaigns and modify for Prime Day
7. A/B testing
Another strategy for those with time before Prime Day kicks off is A/B testing, allowing you to find out what works best.
- Try different product descriptions
- Test different prices
- Use different imagery, such as lifestyle or simple product imagery
8. Artificial intelligence (AI)
AI can be used to automate the personalisation of product listings, including pricing, inventory and other dynamic factors.
Make the most of Amazon Prime Day 2022
Whether you’ve prepared months in advance for Amazon Prime Day 2022, or you have left it until the last minute, there are still modifications that you can make to improve your Prime Day Sales Strategy.
Holly brings a wealth of experience in both print and digital publishing. As Modern Retail’s Content Editor, Holly is passionate about helping independent retailers to thrive in today’s ever-changing market.