Etsy is growing in popularity as an e-commerce destination. So how can an online seller traditionally active on eBay duplicate her listings on Etsy too as to create on this marketplace a growing business?
You can start your business on Etsy with minimum effort and maximum results following these steps:
- Verify that you can actually sell on Etsy. In their own words, “Etsy is a marketplace where you can sell your handmade goods, vintage items and craft supplies”. This means that you can sell anything you or your team self-makes, any tool or component to manufacture items (say paint or thread or needles, for instance), and in addition things that are at least 20 years old. It will be you declaring that your items abide by these rules.
- Then you need to set up an Etsy seller account if you do not already have one. This takes 5 minutes or less, much easier than on Amazon for instance.
Once both these steps are done, we advise you to pick one of a few tools that help online sellers automatically transfer their listings across e-commerce channels.
We’ll make this example using Nembol because Nembol is designed specifically to be easy and it is useful mainly for small and medium online sellers. You can set-up your free Nembol account at https://nembol.com. After 14 days, fees apply.
Once your Nembol account is set-up, you must log in to both your eBay account and your Etsy account from within Nembol. During the login phase, you’ll be asked to define what listing status you wish to get from your eBay account and where you wish your listings to be published in Etsy.
The mechanics are in fact fairly straightforward:
- You import some or all (your choice) of your eBay listings into Nembol.
- You select in Nembol which of these listings you wish to publish to Etsy.
- You click “Publish”, wait a few minutes, and check the results.
Note that you can follow the same steps in Nembol for other channels too, such as Amazon or Storenvy. And you can also easily create new listings in Nembol, for instance by duplicating and quickly editing some of your eBay-imported listings. This will save you a lot of time.
Once your listings have been published to Etsy, Nembol can also keep your inventory in sync when you get a sale on either Etsy or eBay and, also important, it allows you to edit your listings just once, inside Nembol. So that any upgrade you make to your listings inside Nembol will update in seconds all your listings throughout the channels you connected.
There are other cloud-tools performing similar tasks, all slightly different one-another in features and costs. Some target corporate sellers, sporting lots of functions such as integration with couriers, centralized order management, and CRM. Just Google them up, or drop us a note if you wish to know more. Happy sales!
Further resources you may want to check:
- Article: All functions of Nembol on eBay: https://www.nembol.com/e-commerce-for-retailers/nembol-on-ebay-all-functions
- Article: How to use Etsy in Nembol: https://www.nembol.com/e-commerce-for-retailers/using-etsy-with-nembol-a-troubleshooting-guide
Video: How to sync your eBay inventory to Etsy: https://youtu.be/aGEYhgsRldc