Cross-border summit provides timely focus on international ecommerce.
Expanding into cross-border ecommerce markets is a major focus for retailers, but one that brings significant challenges. Wherever you stand on Brexit, it will inevitably trigger shifts in trading relationships and opportunities, so now is the time to deepen your understanding of the crucial issues that impact taking your brand successfully into new markets.
And there’s nowhere better to get to grips with this complex issue than at the eCommerce Worldwide Cross-Border Summit – a one day powerhouse of information and expertise taking place on 24 May at London’s ExCeL.
Brands including Boden, La Redoute, Lazada Group, Lovehoney, The Hut Group and Zalando, amongst many others, will be sharing their experiences of cross-border expansion at the event which brings together ecommerce professionals, from brands big and small, to maximise their international trading knowhow and increase their global growth potential.
The expert voices you’ll hear at the cross-border summit include:
- Vicky Bell, Head of eCommerce at Astley Clarke, discussing a range of initiatives to develop international business and create more efficient and engaging ecommerce experiences
- Gregor McMillan from The Hut Group, Kai Li of Revolve Clothing and Jose Nino from Perry Ellis International on the highs and lows of launching in emerging markets
A panel on working with third-parties – a critical appraisal of marketplaces and wholesale models, featuring:
- Melanie Smallwood, International Buying Director, Global Fashion Group
- Hans Kristian Furuseth, Head of Country Cluster UK, Zalando SE
- Aimone Ripa di Meana, Chief Marketplace Officer and Co-Founder, Lazada Group
- Malcolm Scovil, Head of Business Development, Tophatter
- La Redoute International’s CEO, Michael Truluck, sharing his insights on international strategy for a wide range of geographies
- Looking to break in to the Chinese market? Mark Batty, Head of International at Boden, gives you his experience of doing just that
- Lovehoney’s Co-Founder, Richard Longhurst in conversation with Oisin Lunny, mobile technology evangelist and journalist: discover the lessons learned in expanding into the US and Australian markets and find out why this highly successful online sex toy retailer picked up a Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade along the way.
- El Buen Fin and other stories from Latin America: In this session, pick up some critical takeaways for operating in this region from Jose Nino, VP Global eCommerce and Digital Marketing, Perry Ellis International.
- Update your forecasts with an expert outlook on the economy from the CBI’s Economic Analysis and Surveys team.
- Join the keynote discussion, chaired by Edward Hardy, Economist, World First, focusing on the investment environment and impact of Brexit – what next?
How do you manage your brand during the different stages of international expansion? Get some answers from:
A highly effective and immersive one day event, the eCommerce Worldwide Cross–Border Summit promises to provide a fact-packed agenda which will leave you with practical considerations and rare insights into how best to develop your cross-border activity; as well as the valuable opportunity to network and share experiences with peers.
Supported by the UK’s online retail association, IMRG, the Summit is free to attend for retailers. To find out more and to register click here. Once registered you can download the event app. Connect with other participants, arrange meetings, and get the latest programme updates.
“Brilliant! The conference was really informative with some great speakers. The ability to network with your peers was beneficial as always.”
International eCommerce Manager, JD Williams
“The conference was really worthwhile and the passports & insights from presenters and the stands will no doubt be valuable for guiding our strategic direction for international growth”
Business Development Manager, Silent Night
“You can learn from other people’s experiences, find out interesting data….”