Modern Retail Advertising Terms & Conditions:
Modern Retail is published by Ricochet Media Services Ltd (Registered Company Number 6043446), hereafter referred to as the “Publisher”. These Terms & Conditions apply to all advertisements provided by Ricochet Media Services Ltd to an Advertiser booking advertisements in any Modern Retail publications.
- The confirmation of the Advertisement Order Form, in writing or via email, constitutes an acceptance of these terms and conditions. The Advertising Order Form confirms an order to place an advertisement or several advertisements via online media (including information and communication services such as email newsletters), for the purpose of promoting the business or services of the Advertiser (as defined below).
- In these terms and conditions, ‘Advertiser’ is the party who instructs the Publisher to publish an advertisement and that is the party responsible for payment of charges arising from the publication of an advertisement.
- The Advertiser is obliged to ensure correct, complete and timely delivery of advertisements before the artwork deadline date. If artwork is not supplied by this date, the Publisher will produce artwork on behalf of the Advertiser, or repeat the most recent previous artwork and, for the avoidance of doubt, no refund or discount shall apply.
- The Publisher reserves the right to refuse, at its discretion, any advertisement submitted for publication.
- The Publisher reserves the right to amend advertisement copy where necessary, without the prior agreement of the Advertiser if such amendment is required to ensure that the advertisement is compliant with law or any applicable regulations or guidelines (including but not limited to those of the Advertising Standards Agency).
- Charges will be made to an Advertiser where the Publisher is involved in extra production work owing to acts or defaults of the Advertiser or its agent. These charges will be for the extra time spent by the Publisher on the advert (levied in accordance with the Publisher’s standard rates current at that date) and any additional third party costs.
- In the event of any material error in the printing of an advertisement, except where attributable to an act or default by the Advertiser or his agents, the Publisher’s only obligation shall be to re-insert the advertisement at the soonest practicable opportunity.
- Any complaint concerning the reproduction of an advertisement must be lodged in writing and received by the publisher within 2 weeks of the publication of the advert.
- A minimum of 2 weeks’ notice prior to the artwork deadline is required to cancel an advertisement.
- The Publisher shall have no liability and the Advertiser shall indemnify the Publisher in full against all costs, damages, claims and expenses arising from the publication of an advertisement which has been ordered by the Advertiser (whether signed off in writing or otherwise)
- The advertiser warrants that the advertisement is not in any way illegal, defamatory, misleading, dishonest or an infringement of any other party’s rights or an infringement of any code of advertising practice.
- The placing of an order by an Advertiser constitutes a warranty and representation that all necessary authority and permission has been secured for the use in the advertisement of any pictorial representation of and any words attributable to a living person.
- If it is intended to include a competition or special offer within an advertisement, full details should be submitted at the time of booking and the Advertiser shall have full liability for the compliance of such competition and/or special offer with the law and all relevant regulations and guidelines and shall indemnify the Publisher in full against all against all costs, damages, claims and expenses arising from the Advertiser’s failure to comply.
- The copyright in artwork/copy contributed to an advertisement by the Publisher shall remain with the Publisher.
- The Advertiser’s property and artwork are held at the Advertiser’s risk and should be insured by it against loss or damage from whatever cause. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy all artwork, which has been in his custody for 6 months from the date of its last appearance.
- Advertisement rates are subject to revision at any time and individual orders are accepted on condition that the price binds the Publisher only in respect of the next booked advertisement.
- Where a series booking is cancelled, those advertisements which have been taken and/or committed to at the time of cancellation must be paid for at the full advertising rate for the length of the series undertaken (less any payments already made).
- Invoices are strictly net, payable by return.
- Purchase terms of our customers apply only to the extent that they do not contradict our terms of payment and delivery.
- These conditions and all other express terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.